Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Week 8, #18

Thoughts on social networking:

I'm a geezer and I can prove it. After looking at the suggested sites, I don't get it. What can we do with Dogster's 330,000+ virtual dogs? You can't chuck them under the chin and teach them to dance. I say, let's put on our crocs and go to the dog park where we can enjoy a wag and a slobber and maybe a bite, but what is life without risk?

And if you're looking for love, do it the old fashioned way...go to a bar. Make eye contact, use your pathetic opening line, savor the rejection. It will build character and you can have a drink.

You young social-networking whippersnappers will end up alone in the nursing home with carpel tunnel syndrome and indecipherable tattoos.

1 comment:

Library Lad said...

My co-worker and I are enjoying your blog. Don't be creeped out. We have no idea who you are :->. Just wanted to tell you that you are entertaining.