Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7 #17

Thoughts on technology: (not mine, though...will I still get my bling?)

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." Paul Ehrlich.

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." Dennis Ritchie.

It is only when they go wrong that machines remind you how powerful they are.-- Clive James

"A
printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light"

"Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows."

If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."

"I had a fortune cookie the other day and it said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."


4 comments:

AWNA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AWNA said...

Thanks for the quotes! Most of them made me smile. Sorry about the comment deletion, I had a typo.

gaminewave said...

Great quotes! Your approach to the training is refreshing and funny. Love your blog name.

whiterabbit said...

I loved the quotes!!! Some of them are soo true. Thanks for a good laugh.