Thursday, March 25, 2010

Future of Media #80 Get Out Your Crystal Ball

1. When it comes to delivering entertainment, computers and TV will become interchangeable. It's happened in my own life...after the switch to digital my TV reception was zilch so bought a new computer. Now I'm happily watching The Daily Show, a few weeks old but still funny.

And according to Vudu's website "VUDU box and service deliver instant access to thousands of movies and TV shows directly through the television, without requiring a computer or cable/satellite TV service."

2. I'm not an early adapter to technology. I have to wait until the price comes down.

The thing I miss the most about old technology is simplicity. Used to be when you bought a phone, a TV or a camera, you pulled it out of the box and it was ready to go. Now we need a computer programmer and a teenager to get this stuff up and running and weeks of practice to learn how to use it.

No comments: